We would like to sell our main and most profitable Pre-Order Manager e-commerce app for Shopify market.
This deal may be of interest to both those who want to enter the Shopify market, and ordinary investors who want to have passive income (since we can provide a support service for a fixed price $1000/month and the buyer will only need to pay for hosting - about $200 /month).
- the application has been running in the Shopify App Store since 2015. Since 2016 the app began to be provided on a paid basis.
- 1140 paying users and more than 3000 users who use the app for free (since it was provided for free on initial stage). Converting free users to paid can be also big point to increase revenue. We kept this free folk to promote our other apps.
Annual sales, $
Annual net income, $
Property and assets
code of IT product
Number of employees
Problem or Opportunity
Shopify has no effective and easy pre-order management solution.
Solution (product or service)
The application allows store owners to create and manage pre-orders in Shopify store.
The application has many competitors and at the same time:
- the app has the most expensive price among competitors and is placed on the 1st place at the one of the most competitive request "preorder" in its niche, 2nd place for the "pre-order" request and 3rd for the "pre order".
- the app has the most count of reviews among competitors in its niche (648 reviews with overall rating 4.8)
This effect is achieved by several circumstances:
- the application has been placed in the Shopify store for a long time and has a large customer base. This fact is taken into account in the ranking of search results in the Shopify App Store.
- the age of the page and its traffic also affects high traffic from Google search
- we provide high-quality support service with round-the-clock support
- the application has rich functionality and quality made
A list of competitors can be found by request: https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=preorder
Advantages or differentiators
The richest functionality among competitors
Application revenue has been increasing ever since the start of its placement in the store: http://tinyurl.com/yyjoxurx .
The number of paying customers and revenue for the year grew by 33%, which roughly corresponds to the growth of the Shopify market. We expect that in the future this correlation will remain with respect to the growth of the Shopify market and it will be at least 20% per year over the next 3 years.
SaaS model with monthly payments ($24.95/mo)
Reason for sale
We would like to sell our main and most profitable Pre-Order manager app to invest the funds to our new big e-commerce startup outside of Shopify (we plan to start development in 2020)
Our client is the owner of a store created on the Shopify platform.
The Shopify market is growing at a very fast pace:
2012 - 42,000 merchants
2016 - 377,500 merchants
2018 - 500,000+ merchants
In February 2019, it was reported that more than 800,000 merchants are using a Shopify platform.
More stats here: https://hostsorter.com/shopify-statistics/
- a significant increase in competition with dumping due to the provision of similar functionality for free (but this has already happened more than once and then competitors will switch to paid mode anyway)
- Shopify itself will release a similar functionality (but if they do, it’s in a simplified version, so as not to overload the perception of using the admin panel, as they try to make everything “simple.” Plus, they usually try not to compete with the developers, since they earn 20% of application revenue)